Manchester Airport Group Condition Surveys
Aviation CASE STUDY
Manchester Airport Group
ISS/Manchester Airport Group (MAG)
January – September 2017
Form of Contract
Building Surveyor, Cost Manager
- Building condition surveys
- Production of condition reports
- Provide high level budget cost for the remedial and repair work.
This project comprised of undertaking condition surveys and producing the associated reports for four of Manchester Airport Group’s properties; East Midlands, Bournemouth, Stansted and Manchester. The reports included recommended remedial actions with each identified defect to allow ISS / Manchester Airport Group (MAG) to price and plan their repairs to the sites as part of their Facilities Management contracts.
The areas surveyed were a mix of office buildings, aircraft hangers, warehouses and roofs. Coordination was required with the occupants of these areas to allow access to tenanted areas or high security areas such as police stations or currency exchanges. Our surveyors were required to complete a GSAT course and obtain security passes for each airport. The roof surveys required high level access equipment, MEWPs or boom lifts, to be hired by the client and training given to the surveyor.
Benefits to Client
- Understanding the condition of buildings within airport premises
- Understanding the condition of the areas covered by ISS Facilities Management contract
- Understanding the remedial works required to maintain each building
- Identification and costing of key repair works
- Understanding the critical order of repair work.